Dan Seigel is the President of Law Offices of Daniel A. Seigel, P.A., a law firm specializing in fiduciary disputes involving estates, wills, trusts, and guardianships.
Dan places a premium on providing a "concierge" level of service, accessibility, responsiveness, and value for every client. Dan prides himself in not only serving as a legal advisor to clients, but also a counselor, in navigating the emotional elements presented in each case.
Since founding the Law Offices of Daniel A. Seigel, P.A. in February 2012, Dan has enjoyed numerous successes and victories, including:
- Obtained the removal of an estate's personal representative after demonstrating breach of fiduciary duty, and subsequently achieved favorable settlement on behalf of the successor personal representative.
- Successfully defended personal representative in lawsuit filed by disinherited individual, who alleged that will was invalid (petitioner eventually filed voluntary dismissal).
- Successfully represented trust beneficiary in litigation relating to trustee's alleged failure to distribute trust funds and provide accountings.
- Represented plaintiff in litigation to invalidate trust, involving claim of intentional interference with inheritance expectation and undue influence, resulting in favorable settlement for client.
- Obtained appointment of client as plenary guardian over her mother, in disputed guardianship proceeding against client's sibling.
- Represented plaintiff in lawsuit seeking to invalidate estate planning documents as a result of testator's lack of capacity and undue influence, resulting in favorable settlement for client
- Defended court-removed personal representative in surcharge action by court-appointed curator (in matter involving alleged misappropriation of estate assets).
Prior to founding the Firm in 2012, Dan was an associate at two prominent South Florida law firms, gaining extensive experience from several preeminent trial attorneys.
Dan resides in Boca Raton with his beautiful wife Lindsay, is a proud father, and has always been a fitness enthusiast.
- All Florida, New York, and Connecticut state courts; Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section (RPPTL) of The Florida Bar
- Probate and Trust Litigation Committee (2012 – Present)
- Probate Law and Procedure Committee (2015 – Present)
- Chair, Bullion and Coins Subcommittee (2015 – Present)
- Probate Rules Committee (2015 – 2019 Term)
- Florida Fellows Institute of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Member of Class III (2017 – 2018)
- Broward Estate Planning Council (2012 – Present)
- Board Member (2013 – 2016)
- Greater Boca Raton Estate Planning Council (2012 – Present)
- “Super Lawyers Rising Star” in the area of Estate and Trust Litigation (2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017)
- The George Washington University (Magna Cum Laude), B.A. in Political Science (2000)
- Boston University School of Law, J.D. (2003)